Quality meets experience. From in-house marketing department & creative agency designer to freelancer, Johan Colon has the experience to meet the needs of any client or company in the fast-paced, high-demand design market of today!
Need a printer-friendly version? Click here to download the PDF.
Design Software and Technical Proficiency
I have technical experience with a wide array of design, web and marketing software, both on PC and Mac.
- Premier Pro
- After Effects
Web & Content Management Experience:
- HTML5, CSS3 and WordPress
- Domain management, web hosting & DNS
- MailChimp, Bronto, SurveyGizmo and Zapier email marketing software
- Unbounce and Ion Interactive landing page creation software
Project Management & Ticketing Systems:
- Project Management: Scrum, JIRA, and Trello
- Ticketing Systems: Groove and Front
Aug. 2015 – Present | Gravitational Marketing | Orlando, FL
- Collaborate with creative team to design monthly creative package collateral for our clients: including showroom pieces, online banner ads, email marketing templates and landing pages.
- Conceptualize and design all print and digital elements for each quarterly mastermind meeting to create a unique experience for all our visiting clients.
- Exemplify our core values of Creativity, Show, Results, Efficiency, Persistence, and Esprit de Corps, by innovating visually compelling ways to present new ideas, building trust through delivering quality work in a timely manner and continuously contributing to our mission to help our clients achieve more than they ever thought possible through the power of design.
Dec. 2014 – Aug. 2015 | Construction Data Company | Casselberry, FL
Creative Marketing Manager
- Redesigned corporate website to improve user experience across all devices, more effectively communicate our service, brand and products, as well as allow the marketing department to consistently update online content for SEO.
- Prepare monthly campaign calendars with Marketing Director.
- Deliver weekly production reports to newspaper production team and oversee transactions between advertising team and clients, from purchase agreement to ad postings.
- Monitor campaign budgeting and allocation, advising on effective strategies to reduce costs and maximize conversions.
June 2014 – Dec. 2014 | Construction Data Company | Casselberry, FL
Design and Marketing Associate
- Generate sales leads through designing and executing email marketing campaigns.
- Design marketing collateral in accordance to Construction Data’s branding guidelines.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director, Editor-in-Chief of Interactive Media and Vice President of Sales to continuously improve our digital marketing campaigns.
- Conceptualized and designed online account management system for Lead Manager, generating over $30,000 in online subscription renewals within 60 days.
July 2013 – May 2014 | University of Central Florida | Orlando, FL
- Created professionally designed event graphics including posters, banners, TV displays, social media graphics, brochures and handbills, t-shirt designs, and promotional items.
- Effectively communicated with student leaders, agency personnel, and on-campus offset printer to ensure projects are properly designed to specifications and are delivered on time.
Jan. 2014 – Apr. 2014 | City of Orlando | Orlando, FL
Graphic Design Intern
- Designed for various public agencies within Downtown Orlando to promote events funded by the City of Orlando and associated organizations.
- Assisted in all aspects of design projects including conceptualization, illustration, digital design and optimization, printing, trimming presentation boards, mounting and preparing signage.
Aug. 2011 – May 2014 | University of Central Florida | Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design
Aug. 2008 – May 2011 | Valencia College | Orlando, FL
Associate in Arts Degree in Studio/Fine Arts
- 2012 Winner of UCF’s School of Visual Arts and Design Alumni Chapter Scholarship.
- Featured artist at the 2012 Orlando Museum of Art’s Eclectic Knights IV exhibition.
- 1 of 21 scholarship recipients of the 2011 Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando.
- 2008 Outstanding Contribution Student Award and Student Award of Excellence in Computer Logic
- 1st place in Osceola County’s 2007 High School Web Design Hand-Coded Division.